Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beachy Texture with Lee Stafford Sea Salt Spray


While stocking the shelves at Ulta a week or two ago, I noticed this line of hair care products in pink and purple bottles that caught my eye. The brand was Lee Stafford. After researching a bit, I found out that Lee Stafford is a veteran hair stylist that made his own product line. I had never heard of these hair products before but I decided to try out the "Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray".  

What it is

If you love the look and feel of just stepped out of the sea, naturally sun dried hair, then you will be swept away by this spray. 

This defining Sea Salt Spray will bring out the tousled textured look you can usually only get after swimming in the sea..until now! Hair will still feel soft to touch but with added bounce, definition, and body to die for! 

What it Contains

With a ProMineral Complex of Dead Sea Salts and 26 minerals 
With sunflower extract to help give moisture and shine to protect and repair against free radicals

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Polysorbate 20, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxythanol, VP/VA Copolymer, Polyimide-1, Parfum (Fragarance), Sodiumm Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Methylpraben Hexyl Cinnamal, Helianthus Annuus, (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Coumarin, Sodium Hydroxide

Directions 

Simply spray approximately 10 times (adjust to suit) over towel dried hair and gently blow dry or for the ultimate beach goddess look just leave to dry naturally.

This Sea Salt Spray also works amazingly on your hair when it's dry. 

The Results 

In these pictures, I followed the directions by spraying my hair (I only sprayed the bottom, not my bangs.) 10 or more times with the spray while my hair was wet/damp. I then let my hair dry naturally. 
My hair is naturally a little bit wavy and this really brought out my waves while giving it a messy beach texture. :)


My Thoughts

I have never used a beach hair or sea salt spray on my hair before. Overall, I am very happy with the results of this product! I have used this several times since I have purchased it and probably my favorite way to use it is on my second day unwashed dry hair. I either spray it on my loose hair or put my hair in a side braid and spray it directly onto the braid and let it set. This makes my hair look and feel instantly "beachy" and brings some life to my flat unwashed hair. This product has a very strong smell of hemp with a hint of sunflower undertones. And, when I say strong, I mean VERY strong. If you were to spray this in your hair in the morning, you would most likely still smell it by the end of the day. 

I think this will be a great product to use in the summer for the UV protection as well as for hot days when I don't feel like styling my hair.

Price

I bought this product at Ulta for $11.99. 

Have you used a "Beach Hair" Spray?

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it before but I think it looks cool. I like the beachy look :)

    heatherhoneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool! I haven't used a beach hair spray but I have heard good things about the John Masters one. Can't wait to try it. :)

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I wish my hair looked that cute when I just let it dry naturally! I used to have the nicest curls before I started bleaching my hair, now they're non-existent! I've never tried a beach spray before but this one seems great, and the price isn't too bad either ;) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww your hair looks absolutely stunning with this product, that's exactly the look I'm looking for but no matter what product I'm using, because of my flat and straight hair, it's hard to make them hold a wave of curl. I'll try the braid trick though, thanks!

    PS. Consider turning Captcha OFF on your blogs. It's very hard to comment. Afraid of hate mail? Simply choose to approve your comments instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beach hair look and this looks amazing on your hair!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo that spray looks amazing! my hair does that tho w/o the spray haha! love the beach waves you one! i just found your adorable blog! new follower! love the hippie headband in your picture, so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colour of your hair!! gorgeous! come check out my blog too <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. :)