Thursday, July 21, 2011

French Tip Shellac Nail Polish

Yesterday I went to one of my local salons and decided to try out the Shellac nail polish instead of getting a regular manicure. The Shellac nail polish is supposed to last anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks without chipping, breaking, or loosing shine. The salon I went to had about 20 or so Shellac nail polish colors to choose from and I chose to get French tips! I paid $40 for the Shellac ($5 extra for French manicure) but it usually depends on where you go. It took about the same amount of time as a normal manicure but one thing that I thought was really cool was that after they wiped the top coat off my nails were completely dry! At my job it is IMPOSSIBLE for my nail polish not to chip so this will be the ultimate test for this nail polish. I am going to have an updated post to show how they look after week 1 and week 2. Here is what they look like 1 day after getting them done...



So far I love them! Has anyone else tried the Shellac nail polish?
UPDATE (8/3/11) :
I had the Shellac polish on for a week before it started slightly chipping. The next day it started coming off near my cuticle. I eventually ended up peeling all of the polish off and painting my nails with my own color LOL. I expect the nail polish would have lasted longer but because of where I work it is difficult to keep any nail polish on (I have my hands in water all day and it is very rough on my nails).

1 comment:

  1. I work at a hospital and it usually last me around 1.5 weeks...I looove it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. :)