Sunday, July 24, 2011

Small Sephora and Ulta Haul Success!

 Hey everyone! I went on a quick trip to Ulta and Sephora and here is what I purchased!


Make up Forever Mist and Fix Spray
Bare Minerals Oil Control Prime Time Foundation Primer
Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion


I picked up this mini Make Up Forever Mist and Fix Spray from Sephora for $8 for 0.84 fl. oz. I was just browsing through Sephora and wasn't going to purchase anything until I spotted this mini spray. So I decided to try it out. I have used this twice since purchasing it and I would say it makes my makeup last for a good 8 hours at work in the 80 degree humid weather! So far I am lovin' it! This also can be compared to Urban Decay's  All Nighter Spray which I have not tried yet but plan on purchasing and comparing the two!



I picked up the Bare Minerals Prime Time foundation primer in Oil Control from Ulta for $21 for 1 fl. oz. It does not contain silicone or oil. So in the summer time my skin gets VERY oily to the point where no amount of powder helps. I was looking online for different primers that would help with this problem. This primer did not get very good reviews at all but I decided I would try it anyways and take it back if it didn't work for me. The first time I used it, I used about 2 pumps and spread it on my face concentrating on my T-zone. I then let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes and continued on with my normal foundation routine. This product does make the foundation a little harder to spread but not so much that it is a problem. I wore this for about 7 hours and it kept the oil and shine away the whole time! I could not believe it! After the 7 hours there was a minimal amount of oil on my face but not nearly as much as without using this primer. I have only used it a few times but I definitely do not think I will be returning it.


I purchased this Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic AHA lotion from Ulta for about $11 for 6 fl. oz. I was talking to a couple of the ladies that work at Ulta and they both recommended this to me for acne ( I have a slight breakout on my face due to the intense heat!). I thought for 11 dollars I might as well try it. This moisturizer contains Glycolic Acid which is commonly used in chemical peels. To read more about Glycolic acid click here. This product claims that it "renews moisture, refines texture, and improves elasticity and skin tone". I have only used this for two days so I haven't seen much of a difference in my acne, but I have noticed that my skin is a lot smoother and brighter after using it!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how that primer works :) I have VERY oily skin when its summer and I have to carry around oil sheets in my purse. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!.. I have been using this primer every day since I got it and it really does help with the oil!! It makes your skin feel a little bit tight but after 10 hours of wearing (through 80 degree heat and humidity) I only had a little bit of shine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. :)